- Chinese firms and funds have become big investors in Indian startups.
- Beijing Miteno Communication Technology, a Chinese tech conglomerate, made this year’s biggest acquisition in the technology startup space — the $900 million buyout of Media.net.
- Ecommerce giant Alibaba has made large investments in Paytm and Snapdeal.
- Didi Chuxing, the equivalent of Uber in China, has invested in Ola.
- Internet giant Tencent recently led a $175 million funding in messaging app Hike.
- Tencent also made a $90 million round in healthcare solutions firm Practo.
There are demographic similarities and both countries are seeing consumer growth for digital firms. Also, Chinese players have experience in market creation and running successful digital companies, so they can play a bigger role than being just financial investors.
– Ashish Kashyap, founder of Ibibo
#India #China #Investment #VentureCapital #Startup #Start-up #Alibaba #PayTM #SmapDeal #DidiChuxing #Ola #Tencent #Practo