The platform which is looking to become profitable byApril 2018, is also sure that it will get 5 lakh merchantsonboard well before target of next year.
- MobiKwik has revised its monthly annualised Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) sales target by 10 times to USD 10 billion by 2017.
- GMV is used in online retailing to indicate a total sales value for merchandise or services sold through a marketplace over a period of time.
The currency reform implemented by the government has liberated Indians from cash and has also promoted adoption of mobile wallets and digital payments across platforms. We have a target to reach USD 10 billion GMV sales by next year.
User traffic and merchant queries have also gone up by 200 per cent since the announcement of currency notes ban on November 9.
– Upasana Taku, co-founder, MobiKwik told PTI.
- Mibikwik has 1 lakh merchants and 35 million customers at present
- has witnessed a 40 per cent increase in its mobile application downloads since the government’s demonetisation initiative.
- The platform which is looking to become profitable by April 2018, is also sure that it will get 5 lakh merchants onboard well before target of next year.
#Mobikwik #ElectronicPayment #Cashless #Demonetisation #Demonetization #Mobile #MobilePayment #OnlinePayment #Government